Great Hills Lodge is situated on the edge of a small and friendly village just 10 minutes drive to the coast at Bude in Cornwall. The Lodge offers the perfect base to explore the coastal path, indulge your passion for surfing at the nearby beaches, visit the many and varied places of interest nearby or simply relax and unwind.
You will find us towards the end of a private lane (of just 4 houses) and the lane leads on from our place directly into woodland walks. The views from the property are stunning and add to the sense of relaxation you will enjoy when you stay with us.
The Lodge sits in the grounds of Great Hills House and was created from the buildings which originally housed the stables and carriage house. It offers an excellent standard of accommodation with all your home comforts to enable you to relax and unwind each day after busy days out exploring all that Cornwall has to offer.
The following features are available to make it your perfect holiday:
- Secure storage of luggage on arrival and departure days to extend your time in Cornwall without worrying about your suitcases
- Main bedroom on the ground floor with king-size bed complete with fresh linen and fluffy towels. There is also room for a travel cot (supplied)
- Second bedroom in the eaves with twin beds (limited headroom to the sides) again with fresh linen and fluffy towels
- Light and bright sitting room with dining area
- Shower room with step in shower, grab rails for added safety and a shower seat is also available on request
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Parking directly outside and a level entrance into the property
- WiFi and a SMART tv with Netflix
- Enclosed sunny rear courtyard for those lazy breakfasts planning your days
- Front lawn with elevated views of the surrounding countryside, perfect for evening BBQ's (BBQ provided)
- Privacy glass in the main stable doors and most of the windows to the front of the property
- Two well behaved dogs welcome free of charge (please contact us to discuss if you have 3 dogs)
- Secure storage in the adjacent stable for bikes, surf boards etc and this the place to dry off your wetsuits
- The property is strictly non smoking
We the owners, Claire and John, live in the main house with dog Jasper an elderly golden retriever who loves to greet guests, two cats Poppy and Coco and several chickens. We love introducing guests to this beautiful part of the country we are fortunate enough to call our home and are always happy to help with any queries whilst ensuring that your privacy is respected.
Please take a look through the website and give us a call on 01288 341839 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Click on the link below to view a video of the Lodge taken in Spring 2019